Experience a wonderful day on the reservoir in Gerlos. Located on the lake is Austria's highest-lying boat rental, which has been run by Hannes Hauser for over 35 years. In the summer months, the spring-fresh water warms up to a pleasant 21° and makes Gerlos a true summer highlight for your family vacation in the Zillertal.
There is something for everyone: pedal boat rides, kayaking, stand-up paddling (SUP), or simply relaxing while splashing around and swimming. Enjoy the sun and nature on the shore of the lake on Kalle's dock with sunbathing area. This is the perfect place for an unforgettable vacation! With water temperatures of 18-23 degrees, the Gerlossee is a wonderful retreat for all vacationers who want to relax and unwind after an eventful day.
REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS
We are happy to provide you with life jackets and wetsuits. You can earn your basic windsurfing license in only 5 days. Please be aware of the following regarding the various water sports:
- Boat rental opening times: ca. mid-June - September 19 (depending on weather & water levels)
- Surfing & SUP: swimming skills required
- Surfing: minimum height of 1.50 m
- Kayaking: minimum age of 8 yrs. old | swimming skills required | children allowed only in the company of parents
INFO: rental of pedal boats & kayaks directly on-site (no advanced reservation possible).
Prices for surfing, pedal boats, & kayaking
- Surfing with guest card (Gerlos or Zell): € 11 per hour | without guest card: € 15 per hour
- Pedal boat with guest card € 11 per hour | € 7 half hour
- Pedal boat without guest card: € 15 per hour | € 10 half hour
- Kayaking with guest card (Gerlos or Zell): € 11 per hour | € 7 half hour
- Kayaking without guest card: € 15 per hour | € 10 half hour
You don't need much for stand-up paddling (SUP). All you need is suitable water, a board, a paddle and you can get started! SUP is perfect fitness training for the whole body. For an upright posture and balancing on the board, you will use the muscles from the ankle to the neck. This will also involve the tightening of the abdominal muscles. The legs and deep muscles in the torso will get a good workout from the constant balancing. In addition, the SUP board is excellently suited for a short time-out: simply lay on top and enjoy the sun and nature. Or how about trying out a few yoga poses on the board?
REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS
- Swimming skills: required
- Life jackets: recommended (especially for children & less experienced swimmers)
You will receive life jackets when renting the stand-up paddles. Rental of SUP boards directly on-site (no advanced reservation possible).
Stand-up paddling prices
- With guest card: € 8 per hour | € 6 half hour
- Without guest card: € 11 per hour | € 9 half hour
Experience pure action in the middle of wonderful nature and the power of whitewater! Since 1995, I have been a certified rafting guide and now work with the rafting center of the Aktivzentrum Zillertal. Conquering the waves of the Ziller together with a rafting guide, friends, or family is a one-of-a-kind experience.
You can find more information about your rafting adventure on our partner's website Aktivzentrum Zillertal. You are also welcome to contact the Aktivzentrum Zillertal by telephone at +43 664 313 9800.